Together we’ve given away $1,935 in our first month! And we’ve done GOOD in all these places so far (who loves ya – the Midwest does!)
This is where we track the running total of everything the Rockstar Community Fund has accomplished to date – we promise you’ll leave with a little more faith in humanity ;)
(And if you like what we’re doing here and want to get involved, we’d love to have you!)
Complete Results For December 2016
Total #GivingCards Sent Out For Mission #1 – An Unexpected Gift: 50
Total Financial GOOD Done From Cards: $1,735 and rising!
Total Financial GOOD Done From Other Projects: $200
Featured #GivingCards Stories In December 2016:
We really had no idea what to expect this month – we just had what we thought was a cool idea, and hoped that the community would think so too and jump on board with us. And you guys did not disappoint – in fact, so many people gave above and beyond the $20 we provided that we almost doubled our money! Our very first RCF month ever saw the #GivingCards travel to half the states in the Union (including the White House, how cool is that?), one Canadian province, and even halfway around the world to India! To see more detail on any of the stories pictured below, just check out the Mission #1 Highlight Page.
- Against all odds and expectations, we actually got three cards into the White House Executive Offices, and even onto a coffee table right outside the Oval Office itself!
- One giver turned her $20 card into over $300 for middle-school kids’ lunches
- Speaking of kids, even the little ones got involved, giving love to their mentors!
- A body pillow was custom-made for a grieving widow, using shirts from her late husband
- Cards were personally delivered to those who needed a little extra help
- One store owner split hers into $5 parts and hid them around her store for children to find, so they could get a small present for a sibling or parent
- A #GivingCard helped make a refugee’s resettlement house feel a little more like home
- SO many simple (and lovely) extra gifts were given both to loved ones and to strangers this holiday season
See full accounts of all these stories and more at the Mission #1 Highlight Page.
Other Project Results For December 2016:
- We surprised a reader of DearDebt.com experiencing depression from debt with a gift of $100 to help pay down some of it and offer up hope for the day
- We contributed $100 to Athena’s fundraising campaign (one of our community members) to help her kick cancer’s ass
December 2016 Favorite Quotes:
“It is addictive! I donate and volunteer for various non-profits, but giving on a personal level feels different. It all feels good, but seeing another person’s face light up like that is priceless.” – Amanda
“I’m crying at my desk. 43 families helped. Man. It’s been a rough year, and things like this make me feel like everything just might be okay after all.” – Sarah
“It’s hard for me to talk about, but the truth is that I haven’t been as generous as I would have liked in 2016 . . . but the Giving Card reminded me that I don’t want to live in the past. I want to move into 2017 with generosity in my heart and help people who are experiencing hardships in whatever way I can. Thank you for the reminder, Rockstar <3” – Taylor
“He was almost done with the work when I thought of the card in my pocket. I pulled it out and my wife instantly agreed that this was the correct recipient. I gave him the card and explained that I was part of a group of people looking for those to whom we could bestow a gift. He almost cried and his only response was “I needed this.” So here’s to Henry, from somewhere in Mississippi, who may feel like he received a lovely gift, when I know it was really me who was blessed.” – Steve