Every month we set aside a bit of money to quickly be able to help out in the event of an unforeseen situation in our community, like an illness, injury, sudden loss, or any other unexpected life event that needs immediate attention.
Our goal with the RCF is to be flexible enough to spread our support wherever needed, while also having the ability to act swiftly without any red tape – something this particular initiative is set up to excel at!
Total good done so far: $550
- December 2016: Contributed $100 to Athena’s fundraising campaign (one of our community members) to help her kick cancer’s ass!
- January 2017: Contributed $100 to help support someone in our community going through abuse
- February 2017: Contributed $100 towards new cancer medicine for a blogger in our community, only to be surprised when he turned it down and said he will be paying it forward instead! How beautiful is that?
- March 2017: Total of $200 this month – we shot $100 over to the Wojtowycz Family who lost everything in a house fire a few weeks ago (their GoFundMe campaign is still going on!), and then another $100 to a blogger trying to overcome some safety concerns with her family, while at the same time battling unexpected bills that have come up.
- April 2017: Contributed $50 to help fund a campaign for a family of 7 who recently lost a part of their house due to a fire
Our Awesome Partners:
Thanks to those organizations who have supported our Emergency Fund!